AID-NJEA is a free, confidential 24 hour telephone helpline for school staff members and their families. The helpline is staffed by active and retired educators and school counselors who are trained to counsel and support their colleagues. The program provides telephone support, information and resources for school employees experiencing some distress in their work or personal lives.
Whether you are a new teacher, a support staff member, or a retired school employee, we have people on the line that can provide guidance and information to help. Family members experiencing personal problems can call for assistance and resources as well. AID-NJEA is a program or partnership between the New Jersey Education Association and University Behavioral Health Care, UMDNJ.
DYFS ALERT – If you are accused of child abuse
- REMAIN SILENT!! Do NOT write or provide a verbal statement.
- Call TEA: 396-0016 or NJEA: 896-3422 for legal assistance.
- Put nothing in writing.
- NEVER sign what someone else writes-up about the incident.
- Request representation at all meetings – you have a right to representation.
- If denied representation, DO NOT attend the meeting.
DO NOT DISCUSS THIS MATTER WITH ANYONE EXCEPT AN ATTORNEY!!! If someone else is accused and you are questioned – follow the guidelines above.
Healthcare Assistance with Member Support (HCAMS)
Stress can have in impact on any of us. Click here to learn more about a confidential No Cost behavioral health and dependency assistance available 24 hour a day 7 days a week for members and their families.
- Please click here to familiarize yourself with the Trenton Public School District’s policies and programs related to school safety.
- Please click here to access a copy of the RI-90 for for reporting incidences of violence and vandalism.
- Please click here to access the NJ Department of Education’s Violence, Vandalism, and Substance Abuse Incident Report Form.
DEBORAH Heart and Lung Center www.deborah.org
Deborah has developed a special relationship with NJEA to offer services to all NJEA and their families.
NJEA Member’s Physician Referral – This is the easiest, quickest way to get an appointment. 800-214-3452
General Information or appointment without a physician referral for testing, consultation or service. Mention that you are a NJEA member. 800-555-1990